Quadrant Mountain Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quadrant Mountain Pack

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pack Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

I thought this section needed a bit of life so I am putting here a pack story that has kept me amused for a few days. I've tried to match personalities but I fear I'm not as good as Sparrow. Anyways here it is...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dark and stormy night. The rain crashed into the ground as if it was trying to churn the concrete into a paste. The wind blew the scattered trees in the dark street, bending them like twigs in the hands of a child. A car slowly trudged by, the light reflecting off each raindrop to expose the beam. The frantic movement of the windscreen wipers were seen to try and shift the typhoon off the wind screen. Inside the metallic haven from the storm, a balding man could be seen glaring into the darkness, trying to decipher where he should be going. A flash illuminated the scene as a huge bolt of lightning tore through the landscape, landing in the nearby park and exploding one of the trees into a million tiny little splinters. A small mist covered the rooftops of the buildings as the rain bombarded the pinkish red ceramic roof tiles like machine gun rounds. Small puddles gathered in the streets and formed miniature streams only to fall down the drains that were almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount. Another flash of lightning hit the park, dancing momentarily in the darkness. It was followed by the booming sound of thunder that made buildings shiver in its presence. There was no living thing that was stupid enough to be out there aside from the man in the car. However something existed in the darkness. A lost history and hidden secrets protected by a shield of lies remained buried in the vast emptiness of the forgotten. However, for a certain few, the burden of this knowledge will come to light and change the meaning of their existence forever...

It was dawn. The first rays of light brushed away the darkness of the world to fill it once again with hope and optimism. A young man of around 17 woke up and revealed his emerald green eyes to the world around him. He got out of bed, yawned and went downstairs sleepily for breakfast passing a mirror as he went by. The boy, who called himself Eclipse, stopped at the mirror and watched as a sleepy reflection of himself monitored his every movement. Eclipse had short light brown hair that stuck up everywhere. He flattened his bed-hair back onto his head and continued on his journey to the kitchen.
“Good morning Eclipse,” smiled a black haired girl with a small white headband.
“...mrnng...Skylen” mumbled Eclipse as he sat down with some cereal. He had his eyes closed while he ate as if trying to stay asleep while eating. Skylen rolled her eyes and giggled at Eclipse’s state, “I see you watched the storm, now-now Eclipse I’ll have to kick you out of my house if you stay like that!” she giggled at his lack of a response, “C’mon boy have some coffee or something.” Eclipse got up in a trance like state and made for the coffee machine while trying to hold back daydreams. After about fifteen minutes of staring blankly at the table Eclipse finally woke up with a yawn. “At last!” smiled Skylen still amused, “Maybe...not so late... next time,” moaned Eclipse while he had his head buried in his hands. He liked to watch storms, they were so majestic and yet very deadly. He couldn’t help his fascination with them. It was the same reason, in fact, that stranded him in this town in the first place. Soon the coffee hit him like a brick to a window, shattering the tiredness from his soul. “Ok...I’m up!” shouted Eclipse happily. He walked into the garden, staying on the concrete which had dried out in the bright morning sun. He sat in a chair with the remainders of the coffee and a large, caffeine induced smile on his face. He stared at the necklace that Skylen had given him the previous night. He looked up at Skylen, the sun reflecting off her black hair giving it golden white highlights, “Why did you give this to me?” he asked.
“Well...I thought it might cheer you up, I know you miss your family. Anyway I have a feeling it wasn’t meant for me. You never know, it might give you strength or something.” She replied, sitting in a chair next to him with some juice in a pretty red cup.
“Thanks anyway.” said Eclipse who was lost in thought once more. He stared at the shiny little silver pendant with strange markings of what looked like to be scribbles. It was suspended by an old frayed string that was a deep shade of brown from all the dirt that was caked on it. “Did you find this in a ditch by any chance?” asked Eclipse jokingly.
“Yes...kind of. I dug it up in the park; I didn’t expect to find it.” She uttered with her eyes closed, bathing in the glorious sunlight. Eclipse tied the necklace around his neck and followed Skylen in the sunbathing. “It suits you,” she teased.
“I know, no one could hate it,” retorted Eclipse. The duo stared blankly into the blue sky, a few clouds slowly drifting by providing the world with a short lasting relief from the intense sunlight. Two birds were floating in the distance, dancing the dance of life to the rhythm of the day.
Back to top Go down
http://endlessechoespack.heavenforum.com/
Duskfang
Duskfang

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:57 pm

That's still far off better than whatever I might try to write.
Good Job Paddie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/527474
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 pm

here's another installment. Enjoy!

Skylen quickly sat upright, as if she was attached to a coiled spring that had just been released. Eclipse quickly followed. They both stared at the wall to the garden that had been overrun by plant life that had revealed its blood red flowers to the passing insects. They listened to the rustling and watched as the plants strained to hold the mysterious weight that was on the other side of the wall. A head popped up over the top of the wall and a large male figure jumped over into the garden, “Hi Arrow,” smiled Eclipse as he relaxed back into the chair.
“You had me scared for a while Arrow!” giggled Skylen. Arrow huffed in amusement, “I thought I might as well say hi. Well...hi!” Arrow was a taller boy compared to Eclipse but his brown hair was much darker, almost hitting black. His hair was much longer also, coming down to his neck and some dangled over his eyes, masking a scar that narrowly missed his left eye and almost travels to his nose. He walked closer, the bottom of his long dark brown coat being kicked forwards by his feet, “There is a thing I need to say, something is about to happen in town. I think you two should come with me.”
“Is it another one of them?” asked Skylen.
“Yes it is,” replied Arrow.
“Ok then, Eclipse let’s go!” shouted Skylen as she hopped athletically onto her feet. She followed Arrow over the wall, followed eventually by Eclipse. They followed Arrow down a few streets and up an alleyway. Arrow pulled down a ladder for the emergency exit of the small block of flats next to them and Arrow casually lead them to the top. Eclipse closed his eyes to the sensation of his brown hair being blown in the wind. Skylen and Arrow bent down to inspect a makeshift camp that had been set up here. “What’s wrong with this?” asked Skylen. “Just smell it,” replied Arrow, “It stinks with the scent of werewolf,” he pointed at the binoculars and the bow and other various bits of equipment, “And by the looks of it, it knows what it’s doing.” Skylen picked up the bedroll and sniffed it, “I can see what you mean, let’s get him out of this town before he does anything stupid.”

Arrow turned when he heard a metallic clink from behind the group. Eclipse gulped when he heard the sound of hell, the sound that occurs before death and the sound that has stricken fear into millions of people. The other two followed suit to face another teenage boy holding a very shiny pistol that reflected the light making it sparkle. The boy who held the gun raised it to his eye to make sure he didn’t miss, “Do not move...” he said calmly, his black hair swishing in the wind, “As my bullets are coated in a poison that will sever the nervous system, leaving you as harmless as a newly born infant.” Arrow growled and quickly showed his true self. In a matter of moments Arrow turned from a small human into a huge man-wolf, his claws were as big and sharp as knives, his towering physique dwarfing that of Skylen and Eclipse in size and intimidation. The boy pointed the gun at Arrow and smiled, “So you want to try?” he asked. Skylen let out a gasp of horror and pulled Arrow back to make sure he wouldn’t do anything stupid. Arrow backed down but still growled in anger, his light brown coat of fur quivering in anger. The boy stepped closer and out of the shadows of the building, exposing the black trousers and shirt he was wearing while his blue eye he had open was aiming down the sight of the pistol. “So you’re the one that killed the bank manager this morning,” growled Arrow.
“On the contrary, the one that killed the bank manager is, in fact, the werewolf I’m hunting, now please leave my base camp or suffer.”
“Maybe you could use us...”offered Skylen, “Since we are hunting the same person,” Eclipse looked at her with a surprised expression, “How do you know he isn’t lying?” he asked.
“I know he isn’t, I can tell, trust me young pup it’s a werewolf thing.” Eclipse crossed his arms, eyes still transfixed on the gun that was pointed in his general direction. The boy lowered the gun slightly, “You...a bunch of werewolves want to work with me...a werewolf hunter?”
“A werewolf hunter?!” Gasped Eclipse in horror. The boy smiled, “Well that’s novel, why not...I’ve been working by myself all this time and it would be good to finally kill this thing. My name is Jebediah Martin... Just ‘Jeb’ to you and don’t worry I’m only hunting a beast who calls himself ‘The Great One’ and his followers.” Arrow returned to his human self as soon as the pistol was put in Jeb’s holster. Jeb walked over to his bedroll, picked up his bow and placed it on his back, “Let’s go little pups time to hunt The Great One.” Jeb lead the group of three down the ladder and back into the alleyway.

“So where are we heading?” asked Eclipse, while fiddling with the necklace he had put on earlier. “The cafĂ©, I’ve been tracking the werewolf and I found out he has a particular fetish for coffee as well as human blood.” Replied Jeb as he fiddled with the pistol, inspecting the three bullets held within the barrel. He quickly shoved it back in its holster when he heard the sounds of a distant car approaching. Eclipse slowed down to draw level with him, “Why do you carry a bow when you have a pistol?” Jeb gave Eclipse a ‘none of your business’ look before replying, “I only have three rounds in this and also it’s legal to carry a device for hunting in this area if you have the proper paperwork.” Jeb pulled out his wallet and showed him the hunting licence for one Marksman S-50 hunting bow. Jeb looked up and down Eclipse and looked at the worn out bow on his back, “So...where’s your paperwork?”
“I...ummm...don’t have any,” Jeb smiled at Eclipse’s response as he now had the moral high ground, “It’s best If you hide it then especially If we’re going into a public space.”
Eclipse ditched his bow behind a bin around the back of a house with a pink door. Eclipse came back out with his hands in his pockets and whistling a tune that made him look suspicious. He was gently slapped in the back of the head by Skylen, “No silly! That only makes you look like you’re up to something.” She giggled, for some reason still feeling incredibly happy even after being held at gunpoint.

A small bell attached to the door rang out quietly to not disturb the many conversations being held at the different tables covered only by various mats and coffee mugs and various spillages. Jeb sat down first, getting a few dirty looks from people for carrying a bow on his back. Eclipse and Arrow sat down with him but Skylen couldn’t resist the smell of the place and went over to buy some coffee. She returned a few minutes later with three mugs and handed one to Eclipse and Jeb, “I would have got you one Arrow but I know you don’t like coffee and after last time...well I don’t want you to drink any more of it.” Skylen was referring to a time about three weeks ago where Arrow mysteriously became extremely aggressive from the energy kick of the caffeine and nearly taking out the whole group of tourists when each one asked for him to take a picture in their bad spoken English. Skylen whipped out a can of Coca Cola from her pocket, “But I didn’t forget you!” she smiled and sat down next to Eclipse who was engrossed in a conversation about hunting with Jeb. Suddenly Jeb stopped, “That’s our man...” he subtly pointed at a middle aged man who had short blonde hair and round spectacles on. He took a sip of coffee from his mug, the sleeve of his cheap suit falling down his arm slightly and then swirled it for a minute while staring into the blackness of it. After getting bored of that, he was seen to be chatting up a waitress who was in the green company clothing and looking very nervous. The man then put his mug down and quickly grabbed the lady and whispered into her ear. She held back a scream and was lead outside. “Time to move,” Ordered Jeb as he stood up slowly and left after them, closely followed by Skylen, Arrow and Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 pm

They secretly pursued the couple and were eventually lead into a small clearing in a maze of alleyways. The clearing was enclosed by large walls and each side had large dustbins littered with bin bags. The smell of the place was horrible, one of the few places that could hide the scent of murder. The man laughed as he threw the woman to the floor, “Time to die precious!” he screamed with ravenous, dark eyes to match his soul. The woman screamed which seemed to spur the man on. He leant over her, holding her to the ground and enjoying the moment when he let out a sudden and violent gasp. He held his hands to his chest and brought them back up to his eye level. He saw the crimson red blood covering them and looked down to be greeted by an arrowhead that had travelled all the way through his chest. The woman wriggled free of his grasp and ran off screaming. Jeb walked over to the man and kicked him to the floor. Jeb then put his boot onto the man’s neck and pressed down hard , “Where is The Great One hiding! Answer me!” the man laughed and coughed up blood in the process, “He is safe from the likes of you...”
“Very well...” muttered Jeb. He reached into one of his bags attached to his belt and pulled out a small vial of clear liquid, “You have been injected with a deadly poison that will kill you in about two minutes approximately, this vial holds the antidote. Tell me what I want to know and you will live.” The man suddenly changed attitude, “Please no!” He coughed up more blood, “Ok I’ll tell you what I was told...He’s coming here to travel somewhere up north. I came here in advance to see if it was safe.”
“Very foolish move my friend.” Jeb dropped the antidote and crushed it under his boot. The man yelled out in anger, sadness and frustration of being betrayed. Skylen quickly ran up to Jeb when Arrow and Eclipse were both too shocked to do anything about it, “How dare you! You...you LIAR! No-one deserves that!” she quickly turned into a hulking werewolf, her black fur masking her movements in the dark alleyway. She let out her fury on Jeb who quickly shape-shifted into his dark grey coloured werewolf who blocked the attacks. The man suddenly started choking as the poison took effect on his breathing. He stared into the darkening sky, struggling for breath and tears running down his eyes. He died a few moments later when the link from his brain to his body was severed.

Skylen attacked Jeb with all she got like two behemoths they dominated the scenery with their awesome stature. Skylen swung at Jeb; her desperate attacks born from fury were dodged easily. Jeb quickly grabbed her arm and threw her into a wall and he quickly pinned her down, “Listen to me,” he shouted, “It had to be done, If I let him live then he would of told The Great One to avoid this place. This is the break I’ve been looking for. He’ll be out in the open for the first time since he killed my parents and bit me!” Skylen stopped struggling; she saw her reflection in his tears. He was a soul trapped in a circle of revenge mixed with despair. She then realised that his pain he was feeling was far greater than anyone she knew. She returned to her human self, “Well...don’t do it again...” she didn’t want to say sorry, what she saw was wrong and she wouldn’t forgive him for it. Jeb knew what she was thinking and knew that this was the best possible outcome for him. Jeb nodded and returned to his human form, his eyes still moist from the thoughts of his parents. Eclipse and Arrow ran in to help Skylen up. Arrow scowled at the newcomer but part of him enjoyed the turn of events, something inside of him like a demon that wanted control...

“Oh I see...” muttered Eclipse as he pulled Skylen onto her feet. Skylen looked at him curiously, “You see what?”
“I see why he did it...Jebediah was going to let the man live, but the man said too much. As soon as the man revealed that he was scouting the area for threats...he needed to die.” Jeb started nodding when he knew that Eclipse was on the right lines, “If he lived then he would report to his master...which by the looks of it is Jeb’s ultimate target.” Jeb suddenly cut in, “This is the first chance I’ve had to draw him out of his little fortress for months. It wasn’t nice but it was necessary...” Skylen growled at Jeb, “Just remember. The means will never justify the ends...” she pushed Eclipse and Arrow away from her and she ran off to get a few moments to herself. The three boys turned to each other, Arrow still looking like he was ready for a fight and Eclipse who had already given in to Jeb’s way of thinking. Jeb spoke up after a slight but awkward silence, “Thank you for helping me with this. I will return to my base camp and await the day I meet my destiny.”
“Umm... no problem, we didn’t really help much though.” Replied Eclipse quietly.
“You three helped more than you can imagine...” sighed Jeb, “I was lost in my own vengeance and I had lost sight of justice. I swear that I won’t sink to the levels of ‘The Great One’ for as long as I draw breath.” Arrow looked shocked, “Wow...I wasn’t expecting that,” He mumbled, “Well at least someone learnt something today.” Eclipse skulked off secretly to check on Skylen who had left the maze of alleyways and had returned to the dimming light of the streets now illuminated by the equally dim streets lights. Arrow suddenly realised he was left alone with the newcomer, “Just don’t do anything stupid, alright?” Jeb nodded and Arrow walked out of the alleyway. Jeb, before he left, quickly checked over his shoulder and then quickly ran over to the now dead man. He rolled the man onto his back with the heel of his rough, dark leather boot. He then placed the boot next to the arrow wound, and used all his might to pull the arrow out. A horrible ripping sound was heard as the arrow slid its way out while bringing some of the man’s insides with it. Jeb recoiled in disgust and rubbed the deep red flesh on the man’s jacket. Blood started pouring out of the man’s back like a grotesque fountain when the ‘obstruction’ had been removed. Jeb put the arrow back in his quiver and took one last look at the man who was now face down in a pool of blood, his cheap suit soaking it up slightly making it look like the blood was slowly engulfing it.

“Please Skylen calm down!” repeated Eclipse for the third time during the conversation, “The boy has been hurt deeply, you can’t blame him for what he did!” Skylen looked at him, enraged at his words, “Why do you take his side? He murdered someone and lied to him!” she shouted at him, making the walls of her house shake as if they were quivering with fear. However Eclipse remained firm, “Skylen we need to help this boy, think about it this way...if we help him succeed then he will have no more reason to kill people. If we don’t then his life will be forever consumed by revenge and hatred.” Skylen looked at him with frustration and annoyance but she couldn’t fault his words. It was a possibility after all. She eventually found an answer but the pause told Eclipse what he wanted to know, “No...We won’t help the boy! He can commit mass murder by himself!”
“Why do you not like him Skylen? Surely with your sense of justice you would feel that the person responsible for killing someone’s parents should be atoned for?!” Skylen paused once again, “No! I won’t killing someone doesn’t account for atonement!” She growled, showing signs of turning, before running upstairs and slamming the door to her room. Faint sobbing could be heard inside and that made Eclipse sigh, partly out of feeling guilty of upsetting her but also for her stubbornness. He sat on the sofa, hunched forwards with his hands in his hair and staring at the floor. The door handle to the house suddenly turned and the bright red door was flung open. Arrow trundled inside, “What did I miss?” he asked when he saw Eclipse on the sofa. “Don’t ask...” replied Eclipse not moving. He eventually leant back into the sofa, the trauma of earlier not visible on his face, “What do you think of Jeb?” he asked. “I don’t like him but then again I have a feeling we’ll need him.” Answered Arrow as he sat on the other, more worn out leather sofa with many scratch marks which obviously came from werewolf claws.
“So what would you think in helping him out?” asked Eclipse while staring at his hands. “Honestly, I think we should...” replied Arrow. Eclipse looked up at him surprised, “You do too?!” he gapsed in his own shock, “Yeah, he’s been through a lot, I think we should help put him out of his misery.” However that was only half the truth. Deep down inside Arrow there was a voice that cried out for war and a chance to fight was too much for this little voice to ignore. “Well tomorrow morning we’ll go find Jeb and together we’ll hunt that beastie down.” Announced Eclipse as he stood up to go upstairs, “Come on, I know it’s not my house but Skylen won’t mind if you use the other bed in my room.” Arrow nodded and followed Eclipse upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 am

The bright rays of the morning sun gently probed its way into Jeb’s body, warming him up inside his bedroll. His blue eyes opened to a butterfly showing off its beauty as it fluttered high above the land as if it wanted to display the wonder of colour to Jeb personally. He got out of his bedroll and took his first few steps of the morning onto the warm rooftop. He quickly set up a tent like structure made out various different colours of cloth sewn roughly together with bits of leaf that had been bound together like a string. Now in the shade, Jeb unzipped his bag and brought out a pestle and mortar. From his pocket he drew various plant like ingredients, ranging from leaves to roots. He stirred the ingredients furiously until they resembled a brown green paste before whipping out a small vial from what seemed from nowhere and pouring the juice into it. He smiled at his handiwork before placing the vial into a small leather sack that he hung around his waist. He dragged his home made parasol to the edge of the building and quickly crawled across the rapidly heating concrete roof top to grab his binoculars that he had left near his bedroll. He quickly settled in the artificial shade and started scanning the park for any signs of ‘The Great One’. He swept from left to right, passing the blooming trees with their bright pink flowers and the other brightly colour foliage to see two suspects sitting in the shade. Even from a distance Jeb could tell that those people weren’t human by the way they sat and how they interacted with each other. He also had a gut feeling which hasn’t proven him wrong before. Jeb unsheathed a small dagger from the inside of his black jacket and checked the sharpness of the blade with his finger. Once satisfied he put it back into hiding and he jumped off the building, landing elegantly on his feet as if he had done it hundreds of times before.

“Arrow be patient! They might not come for days how are you going to last that long if you’re fidgeting after a few hours” shouted Eclipse as Arrow’s constant movements started to annoy him. “Don’t yell at me!” roared Arrow as he continued to move around, “I’m aching to do something please let’s go hunting or something to take my mind off of boredom!”
“What’s the point waiting in ambush if we’re away hunting?” retorted Eclipse just as loudly. Eclipse suddenly stopped everything he was doing in a gasp of breath as a dagger quickly found its way next to his neck. “You call this an ambush? You’re louder than the humans and they’re practically deaf compared to us!” smirked Jeb as he withdrew the dagger and put it away, satisfied that he had scared the living daylight out of Eclipse. Arrow smiled, “Ha ha, good one!” he high fived Jeb before suddenly realising how friendly they were. “Umm yeah...” muttered Arrow who was now more composed, “We’ve decided to help you in slaying your enemy. I hope you don’t mind,” Jeb looked Arrow directly in the eyes, as if gazing for the true answer, “I don’t need your assistance,” he said eventually, not wanting two inexperienced teens to mess up his ambush. Arrow flared up slightly, “Why not? aren’t we good enough for you?!”
“Calm down Arrow!” whispered Eclipse as he gripped his small, scratched and generally worn down bow that he had left hidden earlier. I think there’s no point arguing, I believe they are coming.”
Jeb got down next to Eclipse and they all crept into cover inside a bush that had been hollowed out by werewolf claws. “How do you know that?” asked Jeb intrigued. Eclipse pointed at a small flock of white birds that had flown off and out of the trees, “Those birds are fleeing from something, I can tell. They only flee from big things usually like humans or...werewolves.” Jeb quickly dug a small hole in the ground, lined it with a bit of plastic he produced from his hip-bag and started pouring a few vials of slightly cloudy yellow liquid into the makeshift bowl, “Dip your arrowheads into there, you’ve seen what it does.” Eclipse nodded and lined his arrows with bright red but tatty feathers on the floor. “Ok listen up,” muttered Eclipse under his breath, “Arrow you run down the hill and do what you do best, me and Jeb will cover you from up here.” They both nodded and got ready. Slightly further down the hill a few dark images began to appear from the depths of the forest in the purging light of an urban woodland. The trees were sparse and far between and the ground was filled with leaf litter and small bugs. Just to the side of Jeb was a small nest of ants that made the ground come alive as the dead leaves that sheltered the little black workers shuffled as they moved by. Jeb suddenly tapped Eclipses shoulder and pointed halfway down the hill, “Your friend is here...” Just visible was the blackness of Skylen’s hair that was split in half by her headband. Eclipse rolled his eyes, “Arrow can you subtly go down there and fill her in?” Arrow nodded and before he started to slowly slide down he muttered, “I wonder how long she’s been there,” from under his breath. Eclipse sighed with relief as he watched Arrow dive into Skylen’s cover of a large fallen log with a few branches that had some dead leaves still attached to it.

Soon the shadows turned into objects and a minute later those objects turned into werewolves, fully turned and looking like they were expecting the worst, “Why did he never report back again sir?” asked one werewolf who had a brown coat and a large scar that ran down his arm. “How am I supposed to know you dim witted idiot!” replied a much burlier grey coated individual that seemed completely fed up and completely irritated by his accomplice, “He’s probably eating some human again, he’s always doing this. I still don’t know why master didn’t kill him...”
“Because...” came a much deeper and aggressive voice from behind them, “...he’s twice the werewolf you two will ever be, now shut up and walk you mongrels!” He stepped into the light and three of the four ambushers caught their breath. This werewolf was huge. His massive stature was amplified by the dark black hair on his back standing on end. His arms were as large as tree stumps and his fingers looked long and spindly compared to the rest of his arm but they looked like they were perfectly designed for tearing up the opposition. His legs were even larger as they needed to hold up the machine of death, and the claws on his feet sank into the ground as if it was made of water. Jeb smiled, “After all these years of searching, I can have my revenge.”
Back to top Go down
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Jeb smashed a red vial on the floor and quickly dabbed his arrow head in it, he then attached it to the string with his hand and was ready to fire, “Just say the word, since you’ve taken control...” he muttered to Eclipse. “Ok...” replied Eclipse, unsure of his new position as a leader, “...3...2...1...now Jeb!” Jeb jumped out of cover and fired at the monster. The huge, building like creature turned and stumbled slightly as a metallic arrow neatly imbedded itself into his chest, he grinned and quickly pulled it out, examining the crimson tipped arrowhead before throwing it to the ground, “Time to play boys! Do your masters bidding!” At the same moment Eclipse emerged from cover and yelled, “Charge!” at Arrow and Skylen who instantly jumped over the log and turned into their brown and black coated werewolf selves. However Skylen stopped and let out a gasp of pure fear, she fell to the floor and started panting for breath, as if an invisible force had winded her. Her eyes were transfixed on the huge werewolf, her deep blue eyes losing focus to stare at nothing as her mind delved into shutdown.

Arrow was the first to make contact with the opposition. Before the brown werewolf with a large scar could react to Arrow’s attack, three trails of blood were etched into him as a clawed paw made its way from the base of his chest to his shoulder. Arrow quickly used his free right hand to clobber the now exposed head, hearing a loud crack as his paw crushed his skull. The lost cause was thrown ten feet to the left of Arrow and he collapsed with a thud, lying still on the soft woodland while it slowly congealed together in the pool of his rapidly spreading blood. The fear in his eyes could still be seen as his emotions in the final moments were frozen into his facial expression. Arrow quickly turned to the second, burlier grey werewolf who was also frozen, arm outstretched with his claws exposed ready to deliver a fatal blow on him. The werewolf fell to the floor, a rough wooden arrow with damaged red feathers protruding neatly from his back. The werewolf then choked back into life before gagging for air as Jeb’s poison started to take effect. From behind the large werewolf, another three charged forwards, two female and one other male. A small brown female werewolf attacked Arrow who blocked her strike and with his other paw, struck her in the face quickly scarring her muzzle and almost cutting through her nose, causing droplets of blood to splatter on the nearby tree. She stumbled backwards but looked up at Arrow and growled. Arrow held his ground and bared his fangs at the small group in front of him. The black male that was hiding behind the other female howled for reinforcements to only be cut short when a similar metallic arrow pierced and cut through his chest to imbed itself in the soft soil behind him. The male instinctively held his hands over the hole that spewed blood before he slid to the floor with a wild but hushed groan.

The second female screamed as she watched the first female fall before Arrow while hearing the choking of the grey coated male. She dropped to her knees and started pleading for her life, turning into a small ginger haired woman, in her late twenties, who was covered in the dirt that she had dived onto. She looked up at Arrow holding her hands together, “Please, I have children, I didn’t want to follow him he made me!” she started crying hysterically on the blood stained ground, her hands and knees covered in the mix of brown and red.
The monster werewolf fell to the floor last, frozen in place. His eyes were locked on Jeb as he slowly made his way down the hill but his body remained in a restful state. Eclipse followed Jeb down the hill and dropped his bow as he comforted Skylen who was still locked in fear. Jeb drew his bow and aimed it at the monsters head while slowly creeping forwards until he was a few feet away, “We meet again Great One, it’s been a few years, remember me?” he asked. The creature huffed, “What have you done to me child?” he demanded in a strained voice, “Muscle relaxant, that only targets certain parts of the muscle, leaving you unharmed but as weak as a new born baby. Oh isn’t this nice, I’ve finally caught the monster that murdered my parents. Jeb fired an arrow into The Great One’s massive but spindly hand. He roared in pain as blood seeped out of his wound. Jeb got out the dagger and a vial of cloudy yellow liquid and he smashed it on the ground in front of the monster’s face so it could see everything. He then withdrew his dagger and wiped the blade on the remainder of the small puddle. He walked around to the side of the beast’s head and quickly drove the dagger into the back of its neck, “This is for all the pain and suffering caused by you and your minions, the death of my parents and what you’ve turned me into!” he screamed. He left the dagger in his neck as he backed away to quietly admire his work, before walking off he kicked the beast with the base of his boot. Eclipse slid down the hill to catch up with Jeb and he was met with laughter, “You think you’ll stop with me? You’re a murderer my friend, no better than me. It doesn’t matter though, the great wolves are gathering, to take back what is rightfully ours!” He started breathing deeply as the poison began to take effect. Eclipse put his arm on Jeb’s shoulder as tears started rolling down his eyes, “I have avenged you mother and father. Please forgive me for what I have done to get to this moment.” He cried to the sky. The monster suddenly spoke up when he noticed the necklace that was dangling around Eclipse’s neck, “You’re a moon wolf?! I thought...” he paused as his breathing turned into heavy panting, “...they were myth. The amulet, I can’t believe I lived to see one...” what he said next could not be understood as he was now struggling to breathe. Eclipse, who was shocked, slowly returned to Skylen who was finally calming down while Jeb watched the monster die and Arrow held down the prisoner.
Back to top Go down
Paddie
Paddie

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm

“Skylen are you ok? What happened back there?” asked Eclipse reassuringly as he sat on the soft, ground that moulded itself to the shape of his rear. She looked up at him, her eyes hidden in a layer of tears. She had her legs tucked up against her chest, her shoes dragging small mud lines in front of her. She opened her mouth and for a moment no words were revealed, “I’ve been having dreams recently. Not dreams, nightmares and him...” Skylen pointed at the monster, “...I saw him among them, destroying everything, killing without mercy or reason. It was horrible, no one were spared.” Eclipse looked at her quizzically for a second before shrugging and helping her up, “I thought it was meaningless until I saw him. Am I...predicting the future?” she asked nervously. The only reply Eclipse could think of is, “I don’t know.” Arrow ran up to them, “I think we should give Jeb a moment, he’s acting...strange. Eclipse looked over his shoulder to see Jeb wailing as he jabbed the now dead werewolf many times with the dagger while sobbing and quietly mourning for the loss of his parents, “I told him he can come to your place when he’s finished.” Skylen nodded, she wasn’t in any mood for any more of this so she got up and fled the battlefield and ran back to her home. Eclipse took a look at the necklace Skylen gave him, which he couldn’t bring to take off for long. Every time his mind wandered off onto other subject while it was in his hands, he would find himself putting it back on. He also noticed he was getting very protective over it. He jokingly thought that he was becoming a bit like the golem thing off Lord of the Rings. The three prepared to leave before the captured female, which they had completely forgotten about, crawled over to Eclipse, “Let me see it!” she cried, “Let me see it! Let me see it! Let me see it!” she repeated, frantically frisking Eclipse before being pushed to the ground once more, “Go home to your family!” shouted Eclipse in frustration before eventually giving up and showing her the necklace. “It’s real! Oh my...it’s real!” she sounded shocked as if she had only just discovered jewellery, “Why are you so interested in it?” asked Eclipse who was getting annoyed from all this unwanted attention, “It’s a pendant of the moon! A very powerful artefact, that can...” The woman fiddled about with the pendant until its mud coated, metallic panels opened out to reveal a small white cloudy stone around the size of a marble, which illuminated the top of Eclipse’s shirt. Soon after Eclipse started to feel weird, his focus disappeared and he fell to his knees in a fit of dizziness. He looked up at Arrow who was almost holding his jaw as it shot to the floor in disbelief. Eclipse looked at his paws, “Woah...I’ve only been like this once before, and that was during a full moon!” Arrow and the woman were staring at a white werewolf with silver illuminating eyes, “Why am I...white?” Eclipse asked in confusion, “Why am I this at all?” Eclipse examined the rest of his huge, lumbering body with illuminated silver eyes that seemed to echo the majesty of the moon. Eclipse stared at disbelief at his new, white, werewolf tail which flopped to the side due to a passing breeze. His eyes then gazed as his huge paws that revealed large, deadly claws that were standard for any werewolf. Last of all he examined his teeth with his paw. He found large fangs at the front that were able to cut through metal, “I really am one...” uttered Eclipse finally. “You need to find the rest of your kind...they’ll have the answers,” mentioned the woman before she turned to flee, tears still in her eyes. Eclipse and Arrow looked at each other, “Ok how do I turn it off?” asked Eclipse in panic, his claws making it hard to operate the delicate piece of jewellery. Eventually Eclipse returned to his normal human self when they realised that they needed to close it, returning the pendant into a metallic egg like shape. Arrow smiled slightly, “Welcome to the shape-shifting club. It’s a club decreasing in size so it’s even better!” Eclipse looked up in slight surprise from the phrase, “It’s a club decreasing in size,” but he decided not to ask further, his mind was already shattered from his startling werewolf revelation. Eclipse memorised and stored this phrase in his brain to use later. “Do you know what that woman was on about?” asked Eclipse, “You need to find the rest of your kind...they’ll have the answers,” he said as he repeated the words of the strange woman. “No idea...” mumbled Arrow who was surveying the area with his gaze just to check that Jeb was holding up.

A few hours later three of the four werewolves found themselves back at Skylen’s house enjoying the afternoon sun of a warm, now uneventful spring day. Skylen’s garden was large for a suburban house. It was filled with many shrubs and bushes in a corner that stretched all the way around, masking the contrast between the soft brown earth and the dull, splintering fence. In the centre there was a small concrete circle which provided a base for an elegant, metal table and chairs. Just beyond that grew a few large trees whose branches stretched into the sky, as if they were competing with each other for height and sunlight. In between them a small hammock was roughly hammered into the tough bark. In the hammock laid Skylen, who had large dark glasses and a hat to create the loving shadows that protected her face from the harsh sun. She was gently snoozing, her black hair hanging either side and swaying gently in a passing breeze along with one unconscious hand. Arrow and Jeb were sitting on the grass near a pretty flowerbed that attracted the buzzing insects that flew by them, minding their own business. Arrow was scratching his arm uncomfortably from the news that Jeb was giving him. Arrow’s breath was slowly getting deeper and more aggressive, as it usually does when he gets a feeling he doesn’t want. Jeb kept up a very convincing poker face, a survival technique that has helped him out several times. On the outside he looked normal and slightly carefree but deep down, he felt worse than Arrow, knowing he had dragged them into something, something that will most likely end up killing them, “So...What are we going to do?” asked Arrow. His expression was grim and even his other half couldn’t see the joy in this, “I guess tell the others, they deserve to know,” replied Jeb as he fiddled through his vials, “No more poisons...” he muttered to himself, “No more easy kills I’m afraid we’re just going to have to use force.” Arrow’s expression of shock quickly subsided to be replaced with a small smile of childish glee.

A large black nose sniffed the spring air as a large white dog, of a wolf like breed poked its head out of one of the bushes. Soon the very eager dog jumped out, wagging its tail furiously as it caught sight of a small black insect crawling along the dirt, attempting to crawl to the safety of the grass. The dog brought its head down low, as if bowing to the insect, to get a better view of it. It growled and bared its teeth slightly before it flicked the insect with its paw. Satisfied, the dog soon lost interest and wandered back to the hammock. It sat underneath Skylen and looked up at her, slowly realising that she wasn’t going to react. A small glowing pendant was hanging from its neck and it seemed to pulsate in the light. The dog soon got somewhat annoyed but with a slight evil smile the dog started to lick Skylen’s hand. Moans could be heard from above in the cream fabric holding Skylen in the sky, “Ugghh...what? What?! Eww!” Skylen recoiled her soaked hand from the tongue of the dog and shook it in the air, spraying many droplets of sticky drool everywhere, “Uggh Eclipse, Bad boy!” The dog that was Eclipse started whimpering and he laid down on the grass while looking up at her. Skylen sighed and closed the pendant around Eclipse’s neck. After a few minutes Eclipse’s transformation back to human was complete and he sat, legs spread on the floor and his hair ruffled from his numerous trips into the bush, “Wow that was awesome, So that’s what you call full wolf form!” Skylen nodded, “Yup, every time we want to get somewhere quickly or quietly we go full wolf. Common werewolves like you were will never have full wolf form so feel lucky that you have one!”
“Why not?” asked Eclipse. Skylen sighed, “Look I’ll go through the whole thing again. There are two types of werewolf, common...” she points at Eclipse, “...and Loup Garou.”Skylen then pointed at Arrow, Jeb and herself, “Common werewolves live on a lunar cycle and can only turn into a werewolf on a full moon. Loup-Garou’s however can turn whenever they like into both full wolf and werewolf. They can do this as they have free will to choose what they want to be. Common werewolves cannot choose and because of that, they will always turn werewolf. Ok?” Skylen rolled her eyes and returned to resting in her hammock. Eclipse remained in his position in awkward silence almost as if he had offended her, “I guess you’ve had to explain it quite a lot.” Skylen nodded in here hammock even though it hid her agreement. She remained looking into the sky, “I usually end up telling every new werewolf that pop up around here. I think I even told you,”
“You did, several times...” muttered Eclipse his gaze rolling down to watch the grass.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Pack Story Vide
PostSubject: Re: Pack Story   Pack Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Pack Story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quadrant Mountain Pack :: Roleplay and Activaties :: User Writings-