Quadrant Mountain Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quadrant Mountain Pack

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

trial first post for Endless Echoes pack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paddie
Paddie

trial first post for Endless Echoes pack! Vide
PostSubject: trial first post for Endless Echoes pack!   trial first post for Endless Echoes pack! EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Welcome to Endless Echoes pack topic.We are a pack built by a group of friends who are determined to have fun and relax in a calm friendly atmosphere. We have built this pack to function like any other and we also have a strong roleplay aspect which can be found on our newly formed pack website. We will welcome anyone with open arms and we hope you'll have fun with us.
Extract from a scout wolf as he reported to the alpha:
"After hours of exhaustive running, I stumbled across a lush green valley fed by a meandering river at the base. I stopped in my tracks and just gazed in quiet awe at the hidden gem I came across. I howled just in case another scout was running in a similar direction to me, even though I already knew there weren't. To my suprise I recieved several replies which I eventually realised were the distorted cries of my own voice. So I decided I stumbled on somewhere new, I stumbled upon the land of endless echoes..."

Our website is as follows:
[size=150]http://endlessechoespack.heavenforum.org[/size]
---------------------------------------

The rules:

Members must be active. I don't really feel that I have to explain this one.

Must be able to use proper English. Its not fun when people have to attempt to translate what you say.

Be repectful and polite. These are crucial If you want to progress through the pack and be a well respected member.

Do not bully, cuss etc. etc. This sort of behaviour always makes things worse so don't bother.

No roleplaying in the pack topic. It would kill me if my first pack got locked anyway we have a website for that.

Here is the all important rank system:

.....................Alpha's

.....................Elder's
..................../...........\
................../...............\
................/...................\
............../.......................\
............/...........................\
Senior Wolves..............Seers
........./..................................\
......./......................................\
...../..........................................\
Lead Hunter ............................|
Lead Scout...................Den Watchers
Lead Sentinel................Guardians
Lead Warrior.................Wind chasers
.....\........................................../
.......\....................................../
.........\................................../
...........\............................../
.............\........................../
...............\....................../
.................\................../
...................\............../
.............Hunter, Scout
............ Sentinel, Warrior
.......................... |
.......................... |
.....................Omegas

This pack features a branched ranking system to make things a little more exciting. All new members, at the start, will be able to choose either Hunter, Scout, Sentinel or Warrior. To go up ranks a member will follow the white path shown above. E.g hunter => Lead Hunter => Senior wolf => Elder

_._._._._._._._._ Echo Leaders _._._._._._._._._

These wolves guide and protect the rest of the pack. Using experience and wisdom they will fulfill their duty to the bitter end.

Alpha male: Paddfoot (Paddie)

Alpha female: Open

Elder wolves: None

_._._._._._._._._ Echo Commanders _._._._._._._._._

These wolves are the best at their chosen duty. Younger wolves will look up to them as role models while those foolish enough to oppose the pack will fear them.

Senior wolves: None

Lead Warrior: None

Lead Hunter: None

Lead Scout: None

Lead Sentinel: None

_._._._._._._._._ Echo Mystics _._._._._._._._._
Altered by the unique geography and presence of the valley, these wolves have developed new skills to aid in the pack.

Den watchers: None

Guardians: None

Wind chasers: None

_._._._._._._._._ Echo wolves _._._._._._._._._

These wolves make up the bulk of the pack and play the essential roles chosen by them. No matter who is commanding them, the strength and will of these wolves will determine success or failure.

Warriors: Open

Hunters: Open

Scouts: Open

Sentinels: Open

Pups: Open

Omegas: None

Alpha wolves: These are the highest ranking wolves that will guide the pack to a better future.
"The glue that holds the fabric of the pack together."

Elder wolves: Wolves that have spent a long time in and helping the pack will eventually gain a positive reputation. This can lead to the aged wolf being considered as important as the alphas themselves.
"If knowledge is power then these wolves cannot be beaten."

Senior wolves: Wolves that have surpassed expectation in their duty and actions to the pack and earned the respect of the alphas. They help run and maintain the pack to the best of their ability.
"The gears in a productive machine, without them the orders will not reach the destination."

Den watchers: Using heightened senses given to them by the valley, these wolves look after the den and protect the pups, a job that used to be for the omegas. Although this duty has been frowned upon by wolves for generations, the role of babysitter for the pups has been proven to be extremely useful. It has been agreed that wolves with this title should be treated like any other as keeping a pup entertained is actually the hardest job of all of them.
"Their strength lies in their perception, loving and kind nature. Suitable for keeping track of pups."

Guardians: aka medicine wolves, these wolves will tend to the injured and keep them company. The have been seen using the plantlife that grows around them to their advantaqge.
"Miracles exist as these wolves can make them happen."

Wind chasers: These wolves have had their senses honed to the valley. They can pick up distant echoes from loud noises and instantly translate it into which animal made the noise and its general location.
"A perfect spy is one that doesn't have to be in the same location."

Warriors: These wolves carry the strength of the pack into battle. They are seen frequently protecting the territory and fending off unwanted guests.
"A brave and couragous individual that makes for a fierce enemy."

Hunters: These wolves hunt and gather food for the pack using their knowledge of the land and their tracking abilities.
"Once a hunter picks up a scent, the beast is as good as dead."

Scouts: These wolves are the masters of stealth and subtlety. They will enter territory of other packs and monitor their every move. They will also find new sources of water and prey if the need arises.
"Shadow is their ally, noise is their foe. Other wolves are merely an obstacle."

Sentinels: These wolves are the most aware and also the most patient. They will guard the den and protect it with their lives.
"Like a statue they observe, their awareness only matched by their patience."

Pups: Small bundles of fluff that are experiencing the world through play.
"The journey of life is an everlasting game that they will experience first hand."

Omegas: A rank for wolves that are being punished. They will help the den wolves and attempt to regain the packs trust.
"If they truely show remorse then they are worthy"

Points system: Along with most other packs we include a simplistic points system:

0 stars ( ) : Member will be kicked
1 star (*) : A warning (e.g if a member is not active)
2 stars (**) : The standard amount of stars given to a member
4 stars (****) : Member is promoted to the lead rank (if possible, if not member will be awarded in a different way)
5 stars (*****) : Member is promoted to senior wolf
7 stars (*******) : Member is recognised for one's efforts in making the pack better. Member can opt to become an Elder wolf and/or recieve an award.

To join simply fill out this simple form and I will endeavor to add you as quickly as possible.

Username:
Wolf Name:
Fur Color:
Eye Color:
Personality:
History (optional):
Rank wanted:
Activeness out of 10:

If you would like to become an ally or rival to the pack simply fill out this form.

Name of the alpha wolf:
Alpha's username:
Name of the pack:
Link to pack topic:
Link to website (optional):

Last edited by Paddie on Thu May 20, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://endlessechoespack.heavenforum.com/
Domino
Domino
Admin
Admin

trial first post for Endless Echoes pack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: trial first post for Endless Echoes pack!   trial first post for Endless Echoes pack! EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Wow great job on the post Paddie! This is very unique and creative!

The only thing I would like to suggest is having the rules near the top of the page, and the application near the bottom. Since sometimes members will just copy and past the application once they see it on the post and then post it without reading the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://quadrantmountain.heavenforum.com

trial first post for Endless Echoes pack!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quadrant Mountain Pack :: Greetings... :: News and Updates Board-